Syllable Board Game
Learning Goals: Literacy, Phonological Awareness, Turn-Taking.
- Create picture cards of objects that students can identify and know the words for.
- Have students clap out the syllables in their card.
- The number of syllables in that word is the number they move their counter on a board game board (this can be any generic board game board, or it can be home-made).
- Students can count each move that they make.
- Additional extensions can be added onto the board (e.g., lose a turn, bonus turn)
Type of Play