Learning Goals: Literacy, Reading, Writing, Communication, Mutually-Directed Play
- The class discussed creating their own class post office after observations from a community walk.
- Guided by the educator, the students decided the features they would have in their post office and the materials needed.
- The educator provided materials and supported the students in building a post office.
- The students negotiated roles within the post office to write letters, address envelopes, and deliver mail to their peers’ mailboxes.
- In the classroom, the post office was placed near the writing centre, so children could access resources (i.e. word wall, alphabet, writing utensils) to support their writing.