Picture and Letter Match
Learning Goals: Phonetics, Letter Recognition, Teacher-Directed, Letter-Sound Knowledge, Vocabularly
- Show students photos of objects/ animals/ things that start with all of the letters of the alphabet.
- Have students identify each photo first.
- Give students each a letter card or letter magnet and have them identify the photo associated with that letter (e.g., ‘Z card’ would match a photo of a zebra).
- Instruct students to place their letter on the photo that matches the letter.
- This can also be done with having them label something in the room or in a smaller group where students get multiple letters each.