Painted Hundreds Chart
Learning Goals: Number Sense, Composing and Decomposing Numbers, One-to-One Correspondence, Counting.
- Create a hundreds chart on poster board or large chart paper.
- Have the students paint the squares in various colours.
- Once dry, write in the numbers from 1-100 in the squares.
- Promote engagement with this resource by displaying questions such as: “How many yellow squares do you think this chart has?”, "Do you see any patterns?"
- Students can also play a game by rolling a die and moving a marker on the chart accordingly, with the aim of reaching 100 first.