Name Writing With Letter Manipulatives
Learning Goal: Literacy, Writing, Alphabet
- Provide students with a card with two rows – top row has their name on it, and the bottom row is blank.
- Each letter has its own column for students to be able to put letters on the bottom row.
- Provide students with magnetic letters, or any type of letter manipulative, and have them ‘write’ their name in the second row.
- When students are done, they can trade their card with another peer and practice making their peers name.
- *Variation: Students who know how to spell their name can write each letter into the second row.
- * Extension: Ask students how many letters are in their name.