Magnet Word Families
Learning Goals: Letter Knowledge, Phonics, Reading, Writing
- Using magnet letters, have students find the letters to show any word family. In the picture, the student choose to show the - at family.
- Place magnets on any magnetic board.
- Have students choose a magnet from the pile of magnet letters and put it in front of the word family letters.
- Encourage them to read the word aloud.
- If it sounds like a word, then have the student record it in a word list (on any writing surface).
- Continue until you can't find any other letter combinations for that word family!