Lock and Key Addition
Learning Goals: Math Skills, Addition, Composition and Decomposition of Numbers, Fine Motor Skills
- Prepare locks with addition sentences and keys with possible solutions.
- Have students work to find the match between each lock and the correct solution to successfully unlock it!
- For example, given a lock with 5+2, students will be trying identify which key fits in the lock (7).
- Feel free to provide students with counters to support the addition process.
- As an extension: have students record their successful addition sentences!