Learning Goals: Writing, Comprehension, Story Elements, Fine Motor Skills
- After students are proficient in identifying the setting of classroom read-alouds, introduce the challenge of creating their own setting!
- With LEGO, have students design where they want their writing to take place.
- Encourage students to think about the details they want to write about.
- Once their LEGO setting is complete, take a picture and provide students with writing materials to write about their setting.
- Set aside time for students to share their LEGO setting and writing piece with the class.
- If you want to show off the learning, display each writing piece in the classroom with a picture of their LEGO setting attached.
Note: LEGO Settings can also be done by creating the setting of a read-aloud or working together to create a setting of a story that the class will write altogether! There are so many possibilities.