How Many Are There?
Learning Goals: Math Skills, Counting, One-to-One Correspondence.
- Provide students with a variety of counting cards or number dot cards numbered from 1-20.
- Encourage students to find the clothes pin with the number that equals the total number of objects or dots on each card.
- Another variation of this activity is to create a pinwheel using a paper plate with lines that divide the plate into tenths.
- In each section draw a number dot for the numbers 1-10.
- Encourage students to find the matching clothes pin and attach the clothes pin to the correct section of the pinwheel dot plate.
Type of Play