Learning Goals: Literacy, Reading, Mutually-Directed Play, Addition, Subtraction
- Together, the educator and students decided to create a classroom grocery store.
- The educator helped the children to brainstorm the required materials by prompting students with guiding questions.
- The educator provided students with classroom resources and found materials to help them create props for their grocery store.
- The students worked together to create shopping baskets, signs and price tags.
- Students took on various roles as customers/cashiers to collect and purchase groceries, create receipts, and pay for their food.