Fishing for Letters
- This activity can be completed independently, in pairs, or in small groups with the assistance of an educator.
- Place magnetic letters in a large bin and place it on the floor.
- Next, children can use fishing poles (wooden dowels with a string and magnet attached) to “fish” for letters.
- Then, students can name each letter they reel in and practice the letter sound.
- To extend this activity for students who already know their letters, try inviting them to fish for sight words.
Type of Play