Learning Goals: Fine Motor Skills, Self-Regulation, Properties, Number Sense, Measurement
- Place out a bin of dominoes and let students freely explore them.
- Encourage them to stand the dominoes up in a row and experiement with knocking the first one over.
- Feel free to show students a video of long domino tracks and record what questions they have.
- Challenge students to build their own domino courses and encourage them to use their patience and creativity while doing so.
- Optional extension: as a class, try to figure out how to count how many dominoes are in their longest course or how to measure the length using non-standard units of measurement.