Learning Goals: Metacognition, Visual Representation, Scaling, Vocabulary, STEM
- Offer students materials and blocks of all types to build and create freely.
- After building time, instruct students to leave their creations and not put the blocks/materials away yet.
- Provide students with paper and writing materials and have them draw out their building to document it.
- Encourage students to get as much detail as possible so they remember what they built!
- Afterwards, have students share their drawings with the class. Encourage them to explain different parts of their sketch.
- As an extension: have students label their documented sketches with words to help offer description.