Learning goals: Literacy, Writing, Reading, Cooperation, Mutually-Directed Play
- Together, the educator and children turned a section of the classroom into an airport.
- The educators and children discussed the features they would find in an airport then brainstormed a list of materials they needed to create an airport.
- The educator provided the materials for the students to create the centre and the students created a check-in desk, baggage drop off, security, and airplane seating.
- The children took on assigned roles (airport security, pilots, passengers) and created signs to help direct the passengers around the airport.
- The educator connected this activity to academic goals by supporting children to write signs for their airport
Type of Play